What is involved in Greenfield project
Find out what the related areas are that Greenfield project connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Greenfield project thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Greenfield project journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Greenfield project leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Greenfield project related domains to cover and 91 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Greenfield project, Agile software development, Base station, Brownfield, Brownfield land, Greenfield, Greenfield agreement, Greenfield land, Greyfield land, Legacy system, Radio spectrum, Software development, Wireless engineering:
Greenfield project Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Greenfield project tactics and find out what it really means.
– what is the best design framework for Greenfield project organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Greenfield project processes?
– Will IT be a partner, driving business value, building an IoT architecture and collaborating on greenfield projects?
– How do we manage Greenfield project Knowledge Management (KM)?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Boost Agile software development failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Agile software development.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Greenfield project? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– A separate test team?
Base station Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Base station issues and revise understanding of Base station architectures.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Greenfield project project manager?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Greenfield project study?
– What is the purpose of Greenfield project in relation to the mission?
Brownfield Critical Criteria:
Mix Brownfield visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Does Greenfield project create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Greenfield project moving forward?
– Think of your Greenfield project project. what are the main functions?
Brownfield land Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Brownfield land outcomes and change contexts.
– How can the value of Greenfield project be defined?
– Is a Greenfield project Team Work effort in place?
Greenfield Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Greenfield planning and research ways can we become the Greenfield company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the people you identified for your Greenfield project project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Greenfield project been identified and analyzed?
Greenfield agreement Critical Criteria:
Deduce Greenfield agreement outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Greenfield agreement results.
– To what extent does management recognize Greenfield project as a tool to increase the results?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Greenfield project effort?
Greenfield land Critical Criteria:
Align Greenfield land goals and look for lots of ideas.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Greenfield project?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Greenfield project project?
– Are there Greenfield project Models?
Greyfield land Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Greyfield land projects and integrate design thinking in Greyfield land innovation.
– Can we add value to the current Greenfield project decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Greenfield project move?
– What threat is Greenfield project addressing?
Legacy system Critical Criteria:
Debate over Legacy system projects and find the essential reading for Legacy system researchers.
– Many times we look for new applications to meet our business needs – requirements are defined, software is evaluated, software selected, software configuration begins – Ready Set Go! More like Ready, Set, but what about the data?
– Hybrid clouds have unique security requirements that legacy security cannot meet. Since traditional security tools provide limited visibility into cloud infrastructure, how are you going to protect what you can not see?
– At risk with respect to legacy modernization; are you too dependent on expensive skill sets or technologies that cannot respond quickly to changes in the marketplace?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are there technological or capacity constraints from the legacy systems that would mandate or preclude real-time integration with the system?
– Are existing Hardware and software legacy components sufficient to support the task of integrating large and complex sets of information?
– Can we understand the timeframe given replacing the current legacy system with the new systems?
– Is there an expectation that the new solutions will be run in parallel with legacy solutions?
– If a change is made to a component c, what other components might be affected by c?
– Should there be a complete replacement of legacy mainframes and applications?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– What format will be legacy data be provided?
– What is the production time of the output?
– When and where is the management done?
– What executive guidance do we have?
– What is maintenance, in essence?
– How does it all fit together?
– What is to be Maintained?
– Is the end of Java near?
Radio spectrum Critical Criteria:
Devise Radio spectrum decisions and customize techniques for implementing Radio spectrum controls.
– Think about the functions involved in your Greenfield project project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Greenfield project goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is Greenfield project dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Participate in Software development risks and oversee implementation of Software development.
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Greenfield project information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How Do Practitioners Integrate Usability Engineering in Software Development?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– Has Your Organization Adopted One or More Agile Techniques?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– How is the development team organized?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– How do engineers feel about it?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
Wireless engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Wireless engineering tactics and oversee Wireless engineering management by competencies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Greenfield project project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do we all define Greenfield project in the same way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Greenfield project Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Greenfield project External links:
Greenfield Project Graduation 2018
The Greenfield Project
Agile software development External links:
Introducing Agile Software Development
Base station External links:
How to reset your AirPort base station – Apple Support
Sharper Image’s Discovery Kids 3-Piece Walkie Talkie Base Station Set is ideal for picnics, hikes and just plain old fun in the backyard; Set includes:
AirPort – Optimal Base Station Placement | Communities
Brownfield External links:
Brownfields | US EPA
Brownfield Listings | The Redevelopment Marketplace
Brownfield Car Title Loans | USA Car Title Loans
Brownfield land External links:
Ireland Brownfield Network – Redevelopment of brownfield land
Greenfield External links:
Title I – greenfield.k12.oh.us
Greenfield Cooperative Bank – Official Site
Greenfield Savings – Official Site
Greenfield land External links:
Greenfield Land For Sale on LoopNet.com
Greyfield land External links:
What is Greyfield Land? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
What is GREYFIELD LAND? What does GREYFIELD LAND …
Legacy system External links:
Legacy System Catalog – Implant Direct
Radio spectrum External links:
http://The radio spectrum is the part of the electromagnetic spectrum from 3 Hz to 3000 GHz (3 THz) allocated to some 40 Radiocommunication services in line to the Radio Regulations (RR) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). The transmission, emission and/or reception of radio waves for specific telecommunication purposes of radio waves is strictly regulated by the national administration.
Radio Spectrum Regulation History, May 18 2017 | Video | …
Radio Spectrum – 960 MHz to 2.3GHz – John Neuhaus
Software development External links:
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Wolphi-Link interface – Wolphi – Mobile Software Development
Wireless engineering External links:
TTS Wireless | an integrated approach to wireless engineering