What is involved in Connected Home
Find out what the related areas are that Connected Home connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Connected Home thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Connected Home journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Connected Home leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Connected Home related domains to cover and 65 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Connected Home, Hive Connected Home, Amazon Alexa, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Echo, Application software, British Gas, Computing platform, Design Miami, Google Play, Holding company, Home automation, Light-emitting diode, Nest Labs, North America, Project Brillo, Republic of Ireland, Silicon Valley, Smart home, Smart thermostat, United Kingdom, Windows 10 Mobile, Yves Béhar:
Connected Home Critical Criteria:
X-ray Connected Home results and know what your objective is.
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Connected Home strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Connected Home project?
– Are we Assessing Connected Home and Risk?
Hive Connected Home Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Hive Connected Home failures and observe effective Hive Connected Home.
– Can we add value to the current Connected Home decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who needs to know about Connected Home ?
– What are current Connected Home Paradigms?
Amazon Alexa Critical Criteria:
Test Amazon Alexa failures and define what do we need to start doing with Amazon Alexa.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Connected Home does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is Connected Home Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Which Connected Home goals are the most important?
Amazon Appstore Critical Criteria:
Jump start Amazon Appstore engagements and secure Amazon Appstore creativity.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Connected Home models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Connected Home is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Connected Home?
Amazon Echo Critical Criteria:
Survey Amazon Echo goals and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Amazon Echo projects.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Connected Home processes?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Connected Home leaders?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Application software visions and define what do we need to start doing with Application software.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Connected Home in a volatile global economy?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Who sets the Connected Home standards?
– Are there recognized Connected Home problems?
British Gas Critical Criteria:
Examine British Gas outcomes and probe the present value of growth of British Gas.
– Is there a Connected Home Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Have you identified your Connected Home key performance indicators?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Check Computing platform outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Computing platform.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Connected Home?
Design Miami Critical Criteria:
Discuss Design Miami risks and probe Design Miami strategic alliances.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Connected Home project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are all of our Connected Home domains and what do they do?
– What is our formula for success in Connected Home ?
Google Play Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Google Play strategies and grade techniques for implementing Google Play controls.
– Do we monitor the Connected Home decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are the barriers to increased Connected Home production?
Holding company Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Holding company management and finalize specific methods for Holding company acceptance.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Connected Home values?
Home automation Critical Criteria:
Examine Home automation failures and correct better engagement with Home automation results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Connected Home product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we all define Connected Home in the same way?
– What about Connected Home Analysis of results?
Light-emitting diode Critical Criteria:
Reason over Light-emitting diode management and create Light-emitting diode explanations for all managers.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Connected Home project?
– What is Effective Connected Home?
Nest Labs Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Nest Labs goals and oversee implementation of Nest Labs.
– Is maximizing Connected Home protection the same as minimizing Connected Home loss?
– What is our Connected Home Strategy?
North America Critical Criteria:
Illustrate North America goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Connected Home delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we Identify specific Connected Home investment and emerging trends?
Project Brillo Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Project Brillo strategies and budget for Project Brillo challenges.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Connected Home goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Connected Home systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– In what ways are Connected Home vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Republic of Ireland Critical Criteria:
Steer Republic of Ireland decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Republic of Ireland users.
– What are internal and external Connected Home relations?
– How can we improve Connected Home?
Silicon Valley Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Silicon Valley engagements and intervene in Silicon Valley processes and leadership.
– Does Connected Home include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we maintain Connected Homes Integrity?
Smart home Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Smart home outcomes and oversee implementation of Smart home.
– Which customers cant participate in our Connected Home domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Connected Home products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Smart thermostat Critical Criteria:
Grasp Smart thermostat results and handle a jump-start course to Smart thermostat.
– How can you negotiate Connected Home successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is a Connected Home Team Work effort in place?
United Kingdom Critical Criteria:
Probe United Kingdom failures and devote time assessing United Kingdom and its risk.
– What are our needs in relation to Connected Home skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we go about Comparing Connected Home approaches/solutions?
– How do we Lead with Connected Home in Mind?
Windows 10 Mobile Critical Criteria:
Focus on Windows 10 Mobile quality and oversee Windows 10 Mobile management by competencies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Connected Home workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Yves Béhar Critical Criteria:
Sort Yves Béhar quality and point out Yves Béhar tensions in leadership.
– Will Connected Home have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Connected Home Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Connected Home External links:
Connected Home Accessories by Nest, Quirky & More – AT&T
MyQ – Connected Home | LiftMaster
Hubble connected Home
Hive Connected Home External links:
Hive Connected Home – Office – houzz.com
Hive Connected Home – YouTube
Hive Connected Home – Living Room – Houzz – Home …
Amazon Alexa External links:
Dec 21, 2017 · For Alexa device owners, the free Amazon Alexa App is a companion to your Alexa device for setup, remote control, and enhanced features.
Amex skill for Amazon Alexa – American Express
ADT Pulse and Amazon Alexa Home Security and Home …
Amazon Echo External links:
Echo Tricks – Amazon Echo and Alexa Tips,Tricks and …
Amazon Echo (1st Generation) – Woot
How to Change the Amazon Echo Wake Word – Tom’s Guide
Application software External links:
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Application Software for Secondary Mortgage Management
British Gas External links:
Log in to your business account – British Gas
British Gas – YouTube
British Gas offers free electricity at weekends – BBC News
Computing platform External links:
Cloud Foundry Security – Cloud Computing Platform | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Design Miami External links:
Design Miami – AbeBooks
Google Play External links:
Google Play Music
Holding company External links:
Old Republic Title Holding Company
Home automation External links:
Smart Home Automation | Savant
Lighting, Fans & Home Automation | CT Lighting Centers
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Nest Labs External links:
Nest Labs Learning Thermostat T3007ES (US) – Micro Center
North America External links:
Zurich North America – Online Claims Service
Project Brillo External links:
Android Things (Project Brillo) – Google+
Project Brillo and Weave for IoT – YouTube
Project Brillo is Google’s platform for the Internet of Things
Republic of Ireland External links:
Republic Of Ireland Loans | CashLoansUSA
Silicon Valley External links:
Silicon Valley Bank – Official Site
Welcome to the Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS®
Watch video · With Thomas Middleditch, T.J. Miller, Josh Brener, Martin Starr. Follows the struggle of Richard Hendricks, a silicon valley …
Smart home External links:
Smart Home & Electronic Accessories for the way you live.
Smart Home Automation | Savant
HGTV Smart Home 2017 | HGTV
Smart thermostat External links:
ecobee 3 Lite 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat with 2-Pack Room Sensors
Smart Thermostat, Home Automation | Honeywell Lyric | …
Vine Wi-Fi Programmable Smart Thermostat. 3.5 inch LCD touch screen, 7-Day programmable (8 periods per day), mobile remote accessibility (Android and iOS).
United Kingdom External links:
Nicola Dodd | United Kingdom | CakeStand Quilts
Year 2017 Calendar – United Kingdom
Furniture & Home Furnishings | IKEA United Kingdom
Windows 10 Mobile External links:
How to get Windows 10 Mobile – Windows Help
Yves Béhar External links:
Designer Yves Béhar – Herman Miller
Object of Desire: Yves Béhar’s Mission One Motorcycle