What is involved in 3D Printing
Find out what the related areas are that 3D Printing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a 3D Printing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its 3D Printing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward 3D Printing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which 3D Printing related domains to cover and 156 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
3D Printing, Robot-assisted surgery, Land transport, Autonomous car, Direct metal laser sintering, Rapid prototyping, Proactionary principle, Fusion rocket, Early adopter, Animal testing, Mobile translation, Inkjet printing, Eurofighter Typhoon, Fused deposition modeling, Quantum machine learning, Mass driver, Conductive polymer, Compressed air energy storage, Ambient intelligence, Sonic weapon, British Museum, Optical disc, Quantum simulator, Electrical discharge machining, Quantum machine, Computer numeric control, Home automation, Silicon–air battery, Lithium iron phosphate battery, Laser video display, RepRap project, Quantum dot, Electron beam freeform fabrication, Internet of Things, Multi-primary color display, Holographic display, French General Electric Company, Israeli Air Force, Optical computing, Rotary printing press, Quantum circuit, S. Scott Crump, Solid ground curing, 3D printing processes, Space elevator, Adaptive compliant wing, Stealth technology, Molten salt battery, Materials science, Non-rocket spacelaunch, Solid Ink printing, Laser cutting, Do it yourself, Photovoltaic pavement:
3D Printing Critical Criteria:
Consult on 3D Printing quality and find the essential reading for 3D Printing researchers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a 3D Printing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the 3D Printing process available?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing 3D Printing?
– Who sets the 3D Printing standards?
Robot-assisted surgery Critical Criteria:
Devise Robot-assisted surgery results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Robot-assisted surgery because they lack skills.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed 3D Printing opportunities costing us money?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the 3D Printing requirements in detail?
– How can we improve 3D Printing?
Land transport Critical Criteria:
Look at Land transport leadership and revise understanding of Land transport architectures.
– How do we know that any 3D Printing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do we all define 3D Printing in the same way?
– Are we Assessing 3D Printing and Risk?
Autonomous car Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Autonomous car adoptions and research ways can we become the Autonomous car company that would put us out of business.
– What management system can we use to leverage the 3D Printing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How can the value of 3D Printing be defined?
– Is 3D Printing Required?
Direct metal laser sintering Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Direct metal laser sintering tactics and secure Direct metal laser sintering creativity.
– Consider your own 3D Printing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does our organization need more 3D Printing education?
Rapid prototyping Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Rapid prototyping decisions and define Rapid prototyping competency-based leadership.
– Which customers cant participate in our 3D Printing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of 3D Printing into the services that we provide?
– What tools or techniques could speed the rapid prototyping and deployment of new online services?
Proactionary principle Critical Criteria:
Look at Proactionary principle decisions and adopt an insight outlook.
– In the case of a 3D Printing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a 3D Printing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any 3D Printing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How likely is the current 3D Printing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do 3D Printing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Fusion rocket Critical Criteria:
Graph Fusion rocket adoptions and improve Fusion rocket service perception.
– Does 3D Printing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your 3D Printing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Early adopter Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Early adopter projects and budget for Early adopter challenges.
– According to research by MIT and IBM, top-performing companies are three times more likely than lower performers to be sophisticated users of analytics. These early adopters of workforce analytics simply outperform. Organizations at the highest levels of talent analytics practice, including the adoption of workforce analytics, have 8% higher sales growth, 24% higher net operating income growth, and 58% higher sales per employee. How can you achieve similar business results?
– Is 3D Printing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Animal testing Critical Criteria:
Examine Animal testing issues and report on developing an effective Animal testing strategy.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a 3D Printing project?
– Is the scope of 3D Printing defined?
Mobile translation Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Mobile translation results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Mobile translation projects.
– Among the 3D Printing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How important is 3D Printing to the user organizations mission?
Inkjet printing Critical Criteria:
Guard Inkjet printing decisions and tour deciding if Inkjet printing progress is made.
– When a 3D Printing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we manage 3D Printing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How do we keep improving 3D Printing?
Eurofighter Typhoon Critical Criteria:
Merge Eurofighter Typhoon leadership and figure out ways to motivate other Eurofighter Typhoon users.
– Do the 3D Printing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the short and long-term 3D Printing goals?
Fused deposition modeling Critical Criteria:
Trace Fused deposition modeling visions and point out Fused deposition modeling tensions in leadership.
– Does 3D Printing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Does 3D Printing analysis show the relationships among important 3D Printing factors?
Quantum machine learning Critical Criteria:
Gauge Quantum machine learning risks and get going.
– Does 3D Printing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are internal and external 3D Printing relations?
Mass driver Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mass driver risks and create a map for yourself.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations 3D Printing values?
– Who will provide the final approval of 3D Printing deliverables?
– Are there recognized 3D Printing problems?
Conductive polymer Critical Criteria:
Check Conductive polymer planning and acquire concise Conductive polymer education.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting 3D Printing with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of 3D Printing activities?
Compressed air energy storage Critical Criteria:
Model after Compressed air energy storage outcomes and be persistent.
– How do we ensure that implementations of 3D Printing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the long-term 3D Printing goals?
Ambient intelligence Critical Criteria:
Derive from Ambient intelligence planning and find the essential reading for Ambient intelligence researchers.
– What are our needs in relation to 3D Printing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What is the source of the strategies for 3D Printing strengthening and reform?
Sonic weapon Critical Criteria:
Guard Sonic weapon results and handle a jump-start course to Sonic weapon.
– Have all basic functions of 3D Printing been defined?
– Who needs to know about 3D Printing ?
– Why should we adopt a 3D Printing framework?
British Museum Critical Criteria:
Meet over British Museum issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding British Museum.
– Can we do 3D Printing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Optical disc Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Optical disc adoptions and oversee Optical disc management by competencies.
– Is there a 3D Printing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Quantum simulator Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Quantum simulator adoptions and gather Quantum simulator models .
– Have you identified your 3D Printing key performance indicators?
Electrical discharge machining Critical Criteria:
Judge Electrical discharge machining outcomes and budget for Electrical discharge machining challenges.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to 3D Printing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in 3D Printing?
– Why is 3D Printing important for you now?
Quantum machine Critical Criteria:
Steer Quantum machine decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Can we add value to the current 3D Printing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How to Secure 3D Printing?
Computer numeric control Critical Criteria:
Administer Computer numeric control decisions and remodel and develop an effective Computer numeric control strategy.
– How to deal with 3D Printing Changes?
Home automation Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Home automation issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Why are 3D Printing skills important?
Silicon–air battery Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Silicon–air battery tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Silicon–air battery.
– What is the total cost related to deploying 3D Printing, including any consulting or professional services?
Lithium iron phosphate battery Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Lithium iron phosphate battery management and oversee Lithium iron phosphate battery requirements.
– How do mission and objectives affect the 3D Printing processes of our organization?
– What are the barriers to increased 3D Printing production?
– Are assumptions made in 3D Printing stated explicitly?
Laser video display Critical Criteria:
Adapt Laser video display failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Laser video display projects.
– How do your measurements capture actionable 3D Printing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What threat is 3D Printing addressing?
RepRap project Critical Criteria:
Accumulate RepRap project decisions and point out RepRap project tensions in leadership.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent 3D Printing services/products?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective 3D Printing leader?
– Is maximizing 3D Printing protection the same as minimizing 3D Printing loss?
Quantum dot Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Quantum dot governance and catalog Quantum dot activities.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to 3D Printing?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our 3D Printing agendas for the next 3 years?
Electron beam freeform fabrication Critical Criteria:
Understand Electron beam freeform fabrication risks and optimize Electron beam freeform fabrication leadership as a key to advancement.
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Internet of Things decisions and describe the risks of Internet of Things sustainability.
– Do individuals have an opportunity to consent to particular uses of the information, and if so, what is the procedure by which an individual would provide such consent?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– What procedures are in place to determine which users may access the system and are they documented?
– Are there any provisions in place for auditing the recipients use of the information?
– Is any form of notice provided to the individual prior to collection of information?
– How will the IoT impact the cloud and other aspects of the future of computing?
– Who should be involved in the definition of an IoT ethical charter?
– Is the social web being irreversibly corrupted by automation tools?
– Who is making significant investments in the Internet of Things?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– How much are companies liable vs. the consumers themselves?
– What does a good Internet of Things strategy include?
– What is the effect of agent diversity on the system?
– How and when should changes be propagated and to which users?
– How will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– Where does the network need to be in 3-5 years?
– Which structures need to be backed up?
– How would we network them?
– How to define the iot?
– What is an Agent?
Multi-primary color display Critical Criteria:
Survey Multi-primary color display adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Multi-primary color display.
– What are the key elements of your 3D Printing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Holographic display Critical Criteria:
Merge Holographic display strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Holographic display relationship management.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a 3D Printing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
French General Electric Company Critical Criteria:
Grade French General Electric Company projects and attract French General Electric Company skills.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if 3D Printing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the business goals 3D Printing is aiming to achieve?
Israeli Air Force Critical Criteria:
Focus on Israeli Air Force visions and optimize Israeli Air Force leadership as a key to advancement.
Optical computing Critical Criteria:
Graph Optical computing failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Optical computing.
Rotary printing press Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Rotary printing press goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Rotary printing press information.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect 3D Printing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– In what ways are 3D Printing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How can you measure 3D Printing in a systematic way?
Quantum circuit Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Quantum circuit management and catalog what business benefits will Quantum circuit goals deliver if achieved.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a 3D Printing project?
– Are there 3D Printing problems defined?
S. Scott Crump Critical Criteria:
Study S. Scott Crump management and slay a dragon.
– Do we have past 3D Printing Successes?
Solid ground curing Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Solid ground curing outcomes and adjust implementation of Solid ground curing.
– Will 3D Printing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
3D printing processes Critical Criteria:
Judge 3D printing processes goals and finalize specific methods for 3D printing processes acceptance.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about 3D Printing. How do we gain traction?
Space elevator Critical Criteria:
Confer over Space elevator tactics and shift your focus.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this 3D Printing process?
– Is the 3D Printing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Adaptive compliant wing Critical Criteria:
Review Adaptive compliant wing strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these 3D Printing processes?
Stealth technology Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Stealth technology management and gather Stealth technology models .
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom 3D Printing project?
Molten salt battery Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Molten salt battery visions and assess what counts with Molten salt battery that we are not counting.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its 3D Printing processes?
Materials science Critical Criteria:
Talk about Materials science leadership and probe the present value of growth of Materials science.
– Are there 3D Printing Models?
Non-rocket spacelaunch Critical Criteria:
Think about Non-rocket spacelaunch results and stake your claim.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding 3D Printing?
– Have the types of risks that may impact 3D Printing been identified and analyzed?
Solid Ink printing Critical Criteria:
Investigate Solid Ink printing outcomes and attract Solid Ink printing skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once 3D Printing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How will you know that the 3D Printing project has been successful?
Laser cutting Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Laser cutting quality and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does the 3D Printing task fit the clients priorities?
– Does 3D Printing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Do it yourself Critical Criteria:
Merge Do it yourself goals and ask what if.
Photovoltaic pavement Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Photovoltaic pavement projects and customize techniques for implementing Photovoltaic pavement controls.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate 3D Printing delivery for example is new software needed?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the 3D Printing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
3D Printing External links:
Stratasys Direct Manufacturing: Online 3D Printing …
re:3D | Life-Sized Affordable 3D Printing
3D Printing Software | Simplify3D
Robot-assisted surgery External links:
7 Robotic Surgeries on the Rise | Robot-Assisted Surgery
Robot-Assisted Surgery Feasible for Head and Neck Cancer
Land transport External links:
LAND TRANSPORT – scottbenson.com
Land transport (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Land Transport Authority – Official Site
Direct metal laser sintering External links:
Direct Metal Laser Sintering – Imgur
DMLS | Direct Metal Laser Sintering | What Is DMLS?
Direct Metal Laser Sintering Services | i3D MFG
Rapid prototyping External links:
Rapid prototyping (eBook, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Rapid Prototyping | Udacity
[PDF]Title Rapid Prototyping Internship Categories 3d …
Fusion rocket External links:
Fusion Rocket – Home | Facebook
Early adopter External links:
[PDF]Early Adopter Jsp Standard Tag Library – usafood.store
Early adopter XQuery (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Early adopter JXTA (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Animal testing External links:
title for animal testing research paper? | Yahoo Answers
Animal testing (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Free Animal Testing Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
Mobile translation External links:
Mobile Translation (Community Project) – LDSTech
Reverso : mobile translation
mobile translation English to Spanish: Cambridge Dictionary
Inkjet printing External links:
Brother Ink Cartridge | Color Inkjet Printing
Digital Inkjet Printing Solutions | Domino. Do More.
Cost of Inkjet Printing Report Canon PRO-100
Eurofighter Typhoon External links:
VIDEO: The shocking moment a Eurofighter Typhoon …
Eurofighter Typhoon vs Dassault Rafale – YouTube
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4 at RIAT 2017 [*UltraHD …
Fused deposition modeling External links:
Fused Deposition Modeling – Xometry
Fused Deposition Modeling: Most Common 3D Printing …
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) Technology – YouTube
Quantum machine learning External links:
Seth Lloyd: Quantum Machine Learning – YouTube
Quantum machine learning — ScienceDaily
Quantum Machine Learning – YouTube
Mass driver External links:
Mass Driver – Home | Facebook
Mass driver | The Babylon Project | FANDOM powered by …
Ambient intelligence External links:
trakkies. Your ambient intelligence platform
Sonic weapon External links:
Sonic Weapon Discography at Discogs
Sonic weapon – Warhammer 40k – Lexicanum
Most Popular “Sonic Weapon” Titles – IMDb
British Museum External links:
British Museum | museum, London, England, United …
British Museum – Official Site
British Museum lends Russia controversial Elgin Marble – CNN
Optical disc External links:
An optical disc is designed to support one of three recording types: read-only (e.g.: CD and CD-ROM), recordable (write-once, e.g. CD-R), or re-recordable (rewritable, e.g. CD-RW). Write-once optical discs commonly have an organic dye recording layer between the substrate and the reflective layer.
Quantum simulator External links:
[PDF]What is a quantum simulator? – arXiv
Quantum simulator: First functioning component — ScienceDaily
Testing quantum field theory in a quantum simulator: A …
Electrical discharge machining External links:
Precision Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) …
Microform Corp. electrical discharge machining (EDM)
EDM | Electrical Discharge Machining – The Technology …
Quantum machine External links:
Quantum Machine Works LTD – Home | Facebook
Quantum machine learning — ScienceDaily
Computer numeric control External links:
Computer Numeric Control Certificates < Carl Sandburg … http://catalog.sandburg.edu/cnc-operator
Home automation External links:
Momentum Home Automation – Official Site
Smart Home Automation | Savant
Lithium iron phosphate battery External links:
Cell-Con | LiFePO4 Lithium iron Phosphate Battery & …
Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Technology | A123 …
CALB 180 Ah CA Series Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery, …
Laser video display External links:
Laser Video Display Stock Photos and Images
laser video display Price – Aliexpress
Laser Video Display Reviews – Online Shopping Laser …
RepRap project External links:
The RepRap Project · GitHub
The Official History of the RepRap Project | All3DP
Reprap Project- Day 31 First 3D Print – YouTube
Quantum dot External links:
Quantum dot molecules (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Quantum Dot Solar Cells. (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Title: A silicon quantum dot cookbook – arXiv
Electron beam freeform fabrication External links:
EBF3 – Electron Beam Freeform Fabrication – Homepage
[PDF]Electron Beam Freeform Fabrication for Cost …
NASA – Electron Beam Freeform Fabrication
Internet of Things External links:
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Internet of Things (IoT) | Microsoft
Multi-primary color display External links:
Multi-primary color display – Samsung Display Co., Ltd.
Multi-primary color display – GENOA COLOR …
Holographic display External links:
Laser Holographic Display Market – Research Corridor
Israeli Air Force External links:
Israeli Air Force & their F-15’s III – YouTube
Israeli Air Force on 60 Minutes 2 of 2 – YouTube
Optical computing External links:
Patent US8213006 – Multi-analyte optical computing …
Optical Computing Hardware – ScienceDirect
Optalysys Optical Computing – Explained by Professor …
Rotary printing press External links:
Drive for rotary printing press – YouTube
Quantum circuit External links:
Quantum Circuit Simulator – Davy W
S. Scott Crump External links:
S. Scott Crump – Executive Bio & Compensation History
S. Scott Crump (Inventor) – Pics, Videos, Dating and News
Solid ground curing External links:
Papers Solid Ground Curing – iwear.store
SGC abbreviation stands for Solid Ground Curing
Solid ground curing – SlideShare
Space elevator External links:
[PDF]LUNAR SPACE ELEVATORS FOR CISLUNAR …
“Lab Rats” Space Elevator (TV Episode 2015) – IMDb
The space elevator (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Adaptive compliant wing External links:
Adaptive compliant wing – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Adaptive compliant wing
Stealth technology External links:
Stealth Technology | Niagara Conservation
Molten salt battery External links:
Molten salt battery – YouTube
DIY Molten salt battery – YouTube
Patent EP2648268B1 – Molten salt battery – Google Patents
Materials science External links:
Materials Science and Engineering
Materials Science and NanoEngineering
New faculty members expand department’s capacity The Department of Materials Science and Engineering have launched a new academic year …
http://Research · Undergraduate · Bs/Ms · Alumni · Staff · F.E. & P.E. Exams
Non-rocket spacelaunch External links:
Category:Non-rocket spacelaunch | Space Colonization …
Non-rocket spacelaunch – Video Learning – WizScience…
Solid Ink printing External links:
Solid ink printing | Etsy
Wholesale Solid Ink Printing – DHgate.com
Laser cutting External links:
Quality Metals Inc – Metal Laser Cutting Company
Laser Tech – Laser Cutting, Engraving and Marking
Do it yourself External links:
Do It Yourself (2017) – IMDb
“Modern Family” Do It Yourself (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb