What is involved in SAP ERP
Find out what the related areas are that SAP ERP connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP ERP thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP ERP journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP ERP leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP ERP related domains to cover and 106 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP ERP, Adaxa Suite, Apache OFBiz, Corporate services, Dynamics 365, ERP software, Eclipse ERP, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, GNU Enterprise, Human Capital Management, JD Edwards, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Oracle Applications, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Tally Solutions, Travel management, User interface:
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Explore SAP ERP failures and do something to it.
– To what extent does management recognize SAP ERP as a tool to increase the results?
– Is SAP ERP dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How do we Identify specific SAP ERP investment and emerging trends?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Adaxa Suite Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Adaxa Suite projects and customize techniques for implementing Adaxa Suite controls.
– What are the disruptive SAP ERP technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can you negotiate SAP ERP successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as SAP ERP leaders?
Apache OFBiz Critical Criteria:
Graph Apache OFBiz engagements and cater for concise Apache OFBiz education.
– Who needs to know about SAP ERP ?
– What are specific SAP ERP Rules to follow?
– Why are SAP ERP skills important?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Corporate services goals and question.
– Have the types of risks that may impact SAP ERP been identified and analyzed?
– Does SAP ERP analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Is there any existing SAP ERP governance structure?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Explore Dynamics 365 planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Dynamics 365 projects.
– Is Supporting SAP ERP documentation required?
– How can you measure SAP ERP in a systematic way?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Reorganize ERP software goals and define what our big hairy audacious ERP software goal is.
– Think about the people you identified for your SAP ERP project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does SAP ERP analysis show the relationships among important SAP ERP factors?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– How do we Improve SAP ERP service perception, and satisfaction?
Eclipse ERP Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Eclipse ERP adoptions and stake your claim.
– How do we know that any SAP ERP analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Shape Enterprise resource planning tactics and oversee Enterprise resource planning management by competencies.
– What are the key elements of your SAP ERP performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of SAP ERP?
– How can skill-level changes improve SAP ERP?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Talk about Environment, health and safety goals and get answers.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to SAP ERP?
– Which SAP ERP goals are the most important?
– How do we Lead with SAP ERP in Mind?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
See the value of Financial accounting leadership and revise understanding of Financial accounting architectures.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new SAP ERP in a volatile global economy?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent SAP ERP services/products?
– How will you measure your SAP ERP effectiveness?
GNU Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Drive GNU Enterprise adoptions and develop and take control of the GNU Enterprise initiative.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SAP ERP processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether SAP ERP goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Frame Human Capital Management results and sort Human Capital Management activities.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your SAP ERP processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our SAP ERP agendas for the next 3 years?
JD Edwards Critical Criteria:
See the value of JD Edwards quality and gather JD Edwards models .
– What are our best practices for minimizing SAP ERP project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the SAP ERP project lifecycle?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SAP ERP project?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Management accounting planning and spearhead techniques for implementing Management accounting.
– For your SAP ERP project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How likely is the current SAP ERP plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Materials management leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Materials management.
– Consider your own SAP ERP project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Middle ware management and know what your objective is.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good SAP ERP project manager?
Oracle Applications Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Oracle Applications projects and test out new things.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this SAP ERP process?
– What business benefits will SAP ERP goals deliver if achieved?
– Which Oracle applications are used in your project?
– How can we improve SAP ERP?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Out of the box tasks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Out of the box projects.
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Depict Production planning results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Production planning.
– Do the SAP ERP decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is maximizing SAP ERP protection the same as minimizing SAP ERP loss?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Quality management adoptions and define what our big hairy audacious Quality management goal is.
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Start Rate of return outcomes and find the essential reading for Rate of return researchers.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding SAP ERP?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
– Why should we adopt a SAP ERP framework?
– How to deal with SAP ERP Changes?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Value Real estate visions and customize techniques for implementing Real estate controls.
– How do we measure improved SAP ERP service perception, and satisfaction?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Return on investment management and know what your objective is.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– How important is SAP ERP to the user organizations mission?
– How do we manage SAP ERP Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate SAP NetWeaver outcomes and point out SAP NetWeaver tensions in leadership.
– What are internal and external SAP ERP relations?
– Are there SAP ERP Models?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about SAP R/2 governance and look at the big picture.
– Why is SAP ERP important for you now?
– How would one define SAP ERP leadership?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Model after SAP R/3 risks and perfect SAP R/3 conflict management.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your SAP ERP strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– In a project to restructure SAP ERP outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Check SAP S/4HANA strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for SAP S/4HANA.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your SAP ERP activities?
– Have all basic functions of SAP ERP been defined?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect SAP SE results and budget for SAP SE challenges.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a SAP ERP study?
– Do we have past SAP ERP Successes?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Refer to SAP Web Application Server quality and adjust implementation of SAP Web Application Server.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with SAP ERP ?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Secure Network Communications quality and do something to it.
– Is the scope of SAP ERP defined?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Scan Secure Socket Layer management and proactively manage Secure Socket Layer risks.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective SAP ERP leader?
– Are accountability and ownership for SAP ERP clearly defined?
– Does SAP ERP appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Mine Service-oriented architecture planning and interpret which customers can’t participate in Service-oriented architecture because they lack skills.
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Reason over Software categories decisions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Software categories decisions.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations SAP ERP values?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Check Software developer engagements and balance specific methods for improving Software developer results.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a SAP ERP project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SAP ERP requirements in detail?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Coach on Switching barriers adoptions and sort Switching barriers activities.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SAP ERP process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SAP ERP process available?
– what is the best design framework for SAP ERP organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Tally Solutions Critical Criteria:
Face Tally Solutions tasks and drive action.
– What threat is SAP ERP addressing?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Pilot Travel management issues and attract Travel management skills.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to SAP ERP? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on User interface tactics and create User interface explanations for all managers.
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP ERP Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP ERP External links:
SAP Tutorial for beginners Part 1 – SAP ERP – YouTube
[PDF]REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR SAP ERP …
Adaxa Suite External links:
Apache OFBiz External links:
Apache OFBiz cookbook (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Apache OFBiz – Softaculous
Apache OfBiz Cookbook. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate services External links:
People – Title : Corporate Services
Title Upgrading – Capital Corporate Services Ltd.
Dynamics 365 External links:
What fields can be synchronized between Dynamics 365 …
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online and on-premises) …
ERP software External links:
BUSINESS™ ERP Software – Accounting, CRM, HR, …
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler Technologies
Eclipse ERP External links:
20 Best Eclipse Erp jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
What is ERP (Enterprise resource planning)? – NetSuite.com
Environment, health and safety External links:
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
EH&S | Office of Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S)
Financial accounting External links:
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
Financial Accounting | Division of Information Technology
Financial Accounting | Explanation | AccountingCoach
GNU Enterprise External links:
GNU Enterprise – GNU Project – Free Software Foundation
GNU Enterprise Reviews in 2018 | IT Central Station
GNU Enterprise – Home | Facebook
Human Capital Management External links:
Human Capital Management system maintenance | …
#1 HR Software | Human Capital Management (HCM) | Zenefits
Home – OnePoint Human Capital Management
JD Edwards External links:
JD Edwards – ess.douglas.co.us
Lewis Tree – JD Edwards
JD Edwards – Alamo Group
Management accounting External links:
Title Management Accounting – Scribd
Management Accounting Careers | Accounting.com
Management accounting (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Materials management External links:
State of Oregon: Materials Management – Recycling Markets
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
Tompkins County | Recycling and Materials Management
Middle ware External links:
Modernization-Consolidation_Middle ware gateway…
Excel as Middle Ware – YouTube
Expert consulting in Cyber Security, Cloud and Middle ware
Oracle Applications External links:
RIT Oracle Applications
Job Information: Oracle Applications DBA Manager Job
Out of the box External links:
Out of the Box: Professionele Escape Games in Antwerpen
Accounting Technology Solutions | Out Of The Box Technology
Solve-It: Think out of the Box – Wooden Games and 3D …
Production planning External links:
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Quality management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate of Return Calculator | IRR & NPV Calculator
Rate Of Return Calculator | Calculators by CalcXML
Real estate External links:
Abstract of Title in Real Estate – The Balance
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
http://arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Return on investment External links:
How to Calculate a Monthly Return on Investment – Fidelity
How To Calculate A Return On Investment – Business Insider
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
SAP NetWeaver External links:
MWRD – SAP NetWeaver Portal
SAP R/2 External links:
Companies using SAP R/2 – iDataLabs
List of SAP R/2 Customers – readycontacts.com
SAP R/3 External links:
ReadSoft DOCUMENTS For SAP R/3 – ReadSoft, Inc.
What is IMG settings in SAP R/3? | SAP Software
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
SAP S/4HANA External links:
SAP S/4HANA in a Nutshell – | openSAP
SAP S/4HANA Trial Landing Page
SAP SE External links:
About SAP SE
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SAP SAP SE ADR XNYS:SAP Stock Quote Price News
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
SAP Web Application Server | Application Server – …
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Network Communications External links:
Secure Network Communications (SNC) for Software …
Secure Socket Layer External links:
Cisco Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Appliances – Cisco
Simple Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/TLS Encryption | Cloudflare
SSL Security, Secure Socket Layer | Entrust
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Combining Service-Oriented Architecture and Event …
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Software categories External links:
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
What are some Enterprise Software categories? – Quora
Software developer External links:
Software Developer Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Software Developer | CyberGrants
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Switching barriers External links:
What are Switching Barriers? – Simplicable
Switching barriers financial definition of Switching barriers
Tally Solutions External links:
Tally Solutions (@tallysolutions) | Twitter
Tally Solutions Company Jaipur
How to upgrade old Tally versions to GST | Tally Solutions
Travel management External links:
Travel Management Services: Indiana University
Short’s Travel Management – Official Site
FlightBridge : Private Aviation Travel Management Made …
User interface External links:
Datatel User Interface 5.4
User interface design – ScienceDaily
What is User Interface (UI)? Webopedia Definition