What is involved in continuous moves
Find out what the related areas are that continuous moves connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a continuous moves thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its continuous moves journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward continuous moves leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which continuous moves related domains to cover and 148 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
continuous moves, Continuous delivery, Amazon.com, Application lifecycle management, Application release automation, Architecturally significant requirements, Branching, Build automation, Build management, Change management, Continuous configuration automation, Continuous integration, Continuous testing, DevOps, Facebook, Feature toggle, Google, Paddy Power, Poka-Yoke, Release management, Software configuration management, Software engineering, Software release, Source control, Version control, Wells Fargo, WinOps, Yahoo.com:
continuous moves Critical Criteria:
Accommodate continuous moves planning and budget for continuous moves challenges.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to continuous moves? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the continuous moves process?
– How do we keep improving continuous moves?
Continuous delivery Critical Criteria:
Guide Continuous delivery planning and reduce Continuous delivery costs.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– How do your measurements capture actionable continuous moves information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this continuous moves process?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic continuous moves objectives?
– Does your organization hope to achieve continuous delivery?
Amazon.com Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Amazon.com tasks and check on ways to get started with Amazon.com.
– Does continuous moves systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How can you measure continuous moves in a systematic way?
Application lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Check Application lifecycle management issues and observe effective Application lifecycle management.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once continuous moves is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we manage continuous moves Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Why is continuous moves important for you now?
Application release automation Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Application release automation decisions and assess what counts with Application release automation that we are not counting.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the continuous moves requirements in detail?
– How do we go about Comparing continuous moves approaches/solutions?
Architecturally significant requirements Critical Criteria:
Use past Architecturally significant requirements failures and change contexts.
– Think about the functions involved in your continuous moves project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How to Secure continuous moves?
Branching Critical Criteria:
Face Branching strategies and check on ways to get started with Branching.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding continuous moves?
– How can you negotiate continuous moves successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Graph Build automation strategies and devote time assessing Build automation and its risk.
– What are the key elements of your continuous moves performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Which continuous moves goals are the most important?
Build management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Build management governance and sort Build management activities.
– Do those selected for the continuous moves team have a good general understanding of what continuous moves is all about?
– Is there a continuous moves Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Test Change management projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Change management projects.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– What is our formula for success in continuous moves ?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– What is the Change Management process?
– Why do we need Change Management?
Continuous configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Continuous configuration automation quality and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Is the continuous moves organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the barriers to increased continuous moves production?
– What are the business goals continuous moves is aiming to achieve?
Continuous integration Critical Criteria:
Study Continuous integration visions and secure Continuous integration creativity.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if continuous moves does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we know that any continuous moves analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What business benefits will continuous moves goals deliver if achieved?
– Will we use Continuous Integration?
Continuous testing Critical Criteria:
Nurse Continuous testing tactics and point out improvements in Continuous testing.
– What are our best practices for minimizing continuous moves project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the continuous moves project lifecycle?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent continuous moves services/products?
DevOps Critical Criteria:
Face DevOps goals and define what our big hairy audacious DevOps goal is.
– DevOps needs both a strong definition and a set of standard success measures, but how does one measure improved cooperation between development and operations or alignment?
– How long before we notify the affected users via our service blog and Twitter that we are working on a problem and what the expected next steps will be?
– Is IT operations realising they risk being marginalised and so they are stepping up to prove their true worth?
– Has your organization/IT department implemented any DevOps practices or approaches?
– What specific initiatives are you looking to implement as part of DevOps?
– What role do your security and compliance teams have in DevOps projects?
– Do you have any DevOps-specific roles in your organization?
– How does systems thinking relate back to DevOps?
– Does development and qa require full production data?
– Where to create and run new apps and services?
– How to deal with continuous moves Changes?
– Are teams deploying code or containers?
– How does DevOps fit with VisibleOps?
– How Effective Are You at DevOps?
– What practices comprise DevOps?
– How to tie all this together?
– Is DevOps Right for us?
– Would this be useful?
– How to automate?
Facebook Critical Criteria:
Test Facebook results and change contexts.
– Consider your own continuous moves project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Facebook: does using facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– Does using Facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– How likely is the current continuous moves plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Why is it so hard to develop a mental model of facebooks information architecture?
– Why are investors so optimistic about facebook?
Feature toggle Critical Criteria:
Drive Feature toggle strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Feature toggle and constraints.
– What management system can we use to leverage the continuous moves experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Among the continuous moves product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does continuous moves analysis show the relationships among important continuous moves factors?
Google Critical Criteria:
Shape Google risks and remodel and develop an effective Google strategy.
– We keep record of data and store them in cloud services; for example Google Suite. There are data protection tools provided and security rules can be set. But who has the responsibility for securing them – us or Google?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations continuous moves values?
– Have the types of risks that may impact continuous moves been identified and analyzed?
Paddy Power Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Paddy Power tasks and look at it backwards.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these continuous moves processes?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing continuous moves? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are all of our continuous moves domains and what do they do?
Poka-Yoke Critical Criteria:
Match Poka-Yoke goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Poka-Yoke is getting what it needs.
– Does continuous moves analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What potential environmental factors impact the continuous moves effort?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Define Release management adoptions and track iterative Release management results.
– What happens after development: how should developers release component-based software and how can users subsequently obtain such software especially if the software under consideration consists of many components that are released by many organizations at many different geographical locations?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– What are the issues that arise when a limited number of vendors participate in a technology market and how can the risks be mitigated ?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– What theoretical and methodological tools are available to us as researchers to study such aspects of Release Management?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– Is it possible to get a quality product out of this design process?
– What to build, how to build it, build it, and is it built right?
– What tools and techniques are use to support these activities?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– When should technology be recycled & re-used ?
– Why has no os tool emerged to meet this need?
– Who must complete a release management plan?
– How do we know that all tasks are complete?
– Every design decision is technical, or not?
– When is a release management plan used?
– What is release management?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Chat re Software configuration management planning and secure Software configuration management creativity.
– For your continuous moves project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Software engineering tactics and research ways can we become the Software engineering company that would put us out of business.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a continuous moves project?
– How will you know that the continuous moves project has been successful?
Software release Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Software release tactics and differentiate in coordinating Software release.
– Is a continuous moves Team Work effort in place?
– Is continuous moves Required?
Source control Critical Criteria:
Dissect Source control results and budget for Source control challenges.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of continuous moves that make it risky?
– Think of your continuous moves project. what are the main functions?
– Do you use source control?
– What is Effective continuous moves?
Version control Critical Criteria:
Start Version control leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Version control results.
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– Will you be using a standard naming format and version control?
– Will continuous moves deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we improve the way that we use version control?
– What goes under version control?
Wells Fargo Critical Criteria:
Examine Wells Fargo engagements and find the essential reading for Wells Fargo researchers.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your continuous moves activities?
– What will drive continuous moves change?
WinOps Critical Criteria:
Powwow over WinOps decisions and maintain WinOps for success.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a continuous moves study?
– Does the continuous moves task fit the clients priorities?
Yahoo.com Critical Criteria:
Match Yahoo.com issues and assess and formulate effective operational and Yahoo.com strategies.
– How can the value of continuous moves be defined?
– Are there recognized continuous moves problems?
– How can we improve continuous moves?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the continuous moves Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
continuous moves External links:
Continuous Moves (Part 2) | Logistics Viewpoints
continuous moves – Gartner IT Glossary
Owner Operators – Dedicated and Continuous Moves …
Continuous delivery External links:
Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Scaled Agile Framework
What is Continuous Delivery? | DevOps – Visual Studio
Amazon.com External links:
Amazon.com: Interesting Finds
Application lifecycle management External links:
[PDF]Application Lifecycle Management – Deloitte
HP Application Lifecycle Management 12.53
[PDF]What is Application Lifecycle Management?
Application release automation External links:
Application Release Automation | ARCAD Software
Application Release Automation (ARA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Application Release Automation – CA Technologies
Architecturally significant requirements External links:
[PDF]Architecturally Significant Requirements, …
Branching External links:
Learn Git Branching
More Powerful Batch Files- Branching with “If” statements
3.2 Git Branching – Basic Branching and Merging
Build automation External links:
Software Build Automation with Jenkins – YouTube
Build management External links:
BuildMonkey – Build management for iOS developers
Why You Must Build Management Capability – Workforce …
Change management External links:
Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model – Change Management …
[PDF]Change Management Best Practices Guide
Change management experts -Change Management …
Continuous configuration automation External links:
MyST Continuous Configuration Automation – Part 5 – …
Continuous integration External links:
Continuous integration in .NET (eBook, 2011) …
Continuous testing External links:
Continuous testing of mobile and web apps – Experitest
SeaLights Continuous Testing Management Platform
A guide to Continuous Testing tools – SD Times
DevOps External links:
DevOps Tutorial | Introduction to DevOps | Edureka
Azure DevOps Projects | Microsoft Azure
Facebook External links:
Facebook (@facebook) | Twitter
Facebook – Log In or Sign Up
Feature toggle External links:
Continuous Delivery using feature toggle – The Practical Dev
Implementing feature toggle in ASP.NET Core | …
Log in – Feature Toggle Manager
Google External links:
Google Translator Toolkit
Google Docs – create and edit documents online, for free.
Paddy Power External links:
Paddy Power Betfair – Official Site
Paddy Power Betfair Careers · Game on.
Paddy Power (@paddypower) | Twitter
Poka-Yoke External links:
Understanding: Poka-Yoke and Chaku-Chaku – YouTube
Poka-Yoke, Mistake Proofing – Creative Safety Supply
Software configuration management External links:
[PDF]Software Configuration Management
What is Software Configuration Management and Why Do …
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Stack Exchange
Software release External links:
Identifying Your Oracle Database Software Release
ServiceNow Software Release — Kingston | ServiceNow …
ROCK64 Software Release – PINE64
Source control External links:
Source control | Microsoft Docs
Visual Studio Code Source Control API
How to: Add a Project or Solution to Source Control
Version control External links:
Git Version Control in Visual Studio Code
Best Version Control Systems in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Use Team Foundation Version Control | Microsoft Docs
Wells Fargo External links:
Wells Fargo Advisors – Official Site
Consumer Credit Card Programs – Wells Fargo Retail Services
WinOps External links:
WinOps Conf (@WinOpsLDN) | Twitter
WinOps | Puppet
WinOps | The conference dedicated to DevOps in a Windows …
Yahoo.com External links:
email@example.com – DivahGlam
Yahoo.com Login | Yahoo Mail Login – YouTube
How to remove Search.yahoo.com Adware (Virus …