What is involved in Digital Transformation
Find out what the related areas are that Digital Transformation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Digital Transformation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Digital Transformation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digital Transformation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digital Transformation related domains to cover and 114 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digital Transformation, Apple II, Big data, Binary number, Digital Revolution, Digital Single Market, Digital technology, Digital transform, Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, Health technology, Human society, IBM PC, Industrial Internet, Industry 4.0, Information Age, Information revolution, Information society, Internet of Things, MIT Center for Digital Business, Machine to machine, McKinsey & Company, Performance management, Social change, World Economic Forum, World Wide Web:
Digital Transformation Critical Criteria:
Boost Digital Transformation visions and drive action.
– In the case of a Digital Transformation project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Digital Transformation project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Digital Transformation project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Digital Transformation services/products?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Digital Transformation objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Apple II Critical Criteria:
Investigate Apple II adoptions and report on the economics of relationships managing Apple II and constraints.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Digital Transformation is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Have you identified your Digital Transformation key performance indicators?
– Are there Digital Transformation Models?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Guard Big data failures and oversee implementation of Big data.
– While a move from Oracles MySQL may be necessary because of its inability to handle key big data use cases, why should that move involve a switch to Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise?
– New roles. Executives interested in leading a big data transition can start with two simple techniques. First, they can get in the habit of asking What do the data say?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– Do we address the daunting challenge of Big Data: how to make an easy use of highly diverse data and provide knowledge?
– Looking at hadoop big data in the rearview mirror what would you have done differently after implementing a Data Lake?
– To what extent does your organization have experience with big data and data-driven innovation (DDI)?
– Technology Drivers – What were the primary technical challenges your organization faced?
– Is senior management in your organization involved in big data-related projects?
– From what sources does your organization collect, or expects to collect, data?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– Even when we have a lot of data, do we understand it?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
– So how are managers using big data?
– How to deal with ambiguity?
– What is in Scope?
Binary number Critical Criteria:
Detail Binary number issues and develop and take control of the Binary number initiative.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Digital Transformation been identified and analyzed?
– How can the value of Digital Transformation be defined?
Digital Revolution Critical Criteria:
Analyze Digital Revolution leadership and separate what are the business goals Digital Revolution is aiming to achieve.
– For your Digital Transformation project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Digital Transformation leaders?
– What are all of our Digital Transformation domains and what do they do?
Digital Single Market Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Digital Single Market management and proactively manage Digital Single Market risks.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Digital Transformation information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Digital Transformation?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Digital Transformation move?
Digital technology Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Digital technology adoptions and check on ways to get started with Digital technology.
– Can we do Digital Transformation without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Do we all define Digital Transformation in the same way?
Digital transform Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Digital transform management and attract Digital transform skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Digital Transformation into the services that we provide?
– What threat is Digital Transformation addressing?
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz Critical Criteria:
Reason over Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz engagements and devote time assessing Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz and its risk.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Digital Transformation process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Digital Transformation process available?
– What is Effective Digital Transformation?
Health technology Critical Criteria:
Gauge Health technology goals and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Health technology projects.
– What is the source of the strategies for Digital Transformation strengthening and reform?
– When a Digital Transformation manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Human society Critical Criteria:
Derive from Human society goals and change contexts.
– How likely is the current Digital Transformation plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is Digital Transformation dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are specific Digital Transformation Rules to follow?
IBM PC Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with IBM PC issues and track iterative IBM PC results.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Digital Transformation strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we know that any Digital Transformation analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is Digital Transformation Required?
Industrial Internet Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Industrial Internet risks and be persistent.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Digital Transformation goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Digital Transformation opportunities costing us money?
– Will IoT or industrial internet-of-things (iiot) be another bubble?
– Do we have industrial internet-of-things (iiot) on our radar?
– How can we improve Digital Transformation?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Grade Industry 4.0 issues and report on setting up Industry 4.0 without losing ground.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Digital Transformation processes?
– Among the Digital Transformation product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is the Digital Transformation organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Information Age Critical Criteria:
Talk about Information Age issues and pay attention to the small things.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Digital Transformation processes of our organization?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Digital Transformation study?
– Have all basic functions of Digital Transformation been defined?
Information revolution Critical Criteria:
Understand Information revolution management and perfect Information revolution conflict management.
– Do the Digital Transformation decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Comparing Digital Transformation approaches/solutions?
– How is the value delivered by Digital Transformation being measured?
Information society Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Information society risks and define what do we need to start doing with Information society.
– Are assumptions made in Digital Transformation stated explicitly?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Internet of Things issues and test out new things.
– Sensors and the IoT add to the growing amount of monitoring data that is available to a wide range of users. How do we effectively analyze all of this data and ensure that meaningful and relevant data and decisions are made?
– Even the most security-conscious sectors may be unprepared for the security impact that IoT connected devices can have. So what can we do to protect IoT solutions?
– What are the procedures which allow individuals the opportunity to seek access to or redress of their own information?
– Are there any provisions in place for auditing the recipients use of the information?
– Is any form of notice provided to the individual prior to collection of information?
– Do individuals have an opportunity and/or right to decline to provide information?
– How will the IoT impact the cloud and other aspects of the future of computing?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– Have you established a Center of Excellence (COE) for the IoT?
– How will the main business actors of applications interact?
– Does the system evolve toward a stable mix of agent types?
– Which user group(s) will have access to the system?
– What market segment(s) are served by the company?
– How is the information transmitted or disclosed?
– Which structures need to be backed up?
– Who is responsible for a data breach?
– What are the major components of IoT?
– How fast is IoT becoming important?
– What is the identifier of a thing?
MIT Center for Digital Business Critical Criteria:
Steer MIT Center for Digital Business strategies and customize techniques for implementing MIT Center for Digital Business controls.
– What are the short and long-term Digital Transformation goals?
– How do we keep improving Digital Transformation?
Machine to machine Critical Criteria:
Start Machine to machine visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Machine to machine.
– What are the key elements of your Digital Transformation performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
McKinsey & Company Critical Criteria:
Accumulate McKinsey & Company results and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Digital Transformation does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Digital Transformation forward?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Guide Performance management quality and gather practices for scaling Performance management.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– What business benefits will Digital Transformation goals deliver if achieved?
– Why is Digital Transformation important for you now?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– How much does Digital Transformation help?
Social change Critical Criteria:
Meet over Social change management and adopt an insight outlook.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Digital Transformation models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will provide the final approval of Digital Transformation deliverables?
World Economic Forum Critical Criteria:
Study World Economic Forum strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of World Economic Forum.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Digital Transformation ?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Focus on World Wide Web engagements and devise World Wide Web key steps.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Digital Transformation activities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digital Transformation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Digital Transformation External links:
Cloud Training That Drives Digital Transformation
Digital transformation | McKinsey on Healthcare
Dialexa – Digital Transformation Strategy
Apple II External links:
20 Facts about Apple on the Apple II’s 40th Anniversary
GitHub – AppleWin/AppleWin: Apple II emulator for Windows
Apple II Enthusiasts Public Group | Facebook
Big data External links:
Event Hubs – Cloud big data solutions | Microsoft Azure
Binary number External links:
What is Binary Number System? – Definition from Techopedia
Binary Number System – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
[PDF]Chapter 1 The Binary Number System
Digital Revolution External links:
What is the Digital Revolution? – Definition from Techopedia
Insurance Digital Revolution
Digital Single Market External links:
Digital Single Market – Home | Facebook
Cybersecurity | Digital Single Market
Digital Single Market – YouTube
Digital technology External links:
What is digital technology? | Reference.com
Digital Technology and Culture | Washington State University
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Digital transform External links:
Digital Transform (@atldgtltrnsfnug) | Twitter
Digital Transform – YouTube
Digital Transform by TimMG | VideoHive
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz External links:
[PDF]Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz – Collin College
http://iws.collin.edu/ebock/Scientists/More Scientists page 1/Leibniz-bio.pdf
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz – Google+
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz – YouTube
Health technology External links:
Top 10 Health Technology Hazards for 2018
Health Technology Assessment | Washington State …
School of Health Technology & Management
IBM PC External links:
LGR – IBM PC 5150 Vintage Computer System Review – YouTube
Ascii table for IBM PC charset (CP437) – Ascii-Codes
San Jose IBM PC Club Home Page
Industrial Internet External links:
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) – Emerson
Industrial Internet Insights – GE Digital
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) – Accenture
Industry 4.0 External links:
Industry 4.0 Summit – discover the 4th industrial revolution
Information Age External links:
About Information Age
The information age (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Information age (Musical CD, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Information revolution External links:
Information revolution (Book, 1983) [WorldCat.org]
Information Revolution Timeline by Nick Stoffel on Prezi
Information society External links:
Islamic Information Society of Calgary (IISC) – iisc.c
Information Society – Walking Away – YouTube
INFORMATION SOCIETY – WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND – YouTube
Internet of Things External links:
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
How to invest in the Internet of Things | Fortune
Internet of Things ETF
MIT Center for Digital Business External links:
Andrew McAfee, MIT Center for Digital Business – YouTube
MIT Center for Digital Business – MIT Sloan Experts Blog
George Westerman, MIT Center for Digital Business – …
Machine to machine External links:
Verizon Machine to Machine
Machine to Machine | Verizon Wireless
[PDF]AT&T M2M (Machine to Machine) Communications …
McKinsey & Company External links:
India | McKinsey & Company
Performance management External links:
Performance Management | Home | Performance Culture
Continuous Performance Management Software | 15Five
Sales Performance Management & Incentive Compensation | Xactly
Social change External links:
DoSomething.org | Volunteer for Social Change
What is social change in sociology? | Reference.com
The Chronicle of Social Change
World Economic Forum External links:
ManpowerGroup @ World Economic Forum 2018
READ: Trump’s speech to the World Economic Forum
Davos 2018: Updates From the World Economic Forum
World Wide Web External links:
The World Wide Web Publishing Service is disabled or …
The Official Chuck Mangione World Wide Web Site
The Mister Boffo World Wide Web Homepage